Saturday, September 7, 2013

How is it...

...that I am reading "The Girls Body Book" in advance of reading it with Julia?  Julia...my baby who is nine years old...who I will have to have the "birds and the bees" talk with literally any day now. 

Yes, I have had the talk twice before.  I am reading the book because I have a feeling that I am going to have to have an arsenal of answers ready to go when I have the talk with Julia.  Emily and Katie had little if any questions (maybe that means I did a great job explaining things...who knows).  Julia just asks a lot of questions...all of the time.  I love that about her...even when she asks questions that I don't have the answer for (like this morning when she asked what would happen if you got to the end of the solar system and tried to "get out of space"). 

I went out on to the deck this morning with the book and a cup of coffee in hand.  I read the first thirty pages and had to stop.  Yes, I realize that I am an emotional sap but the reason I had to stop was because I was so sad.  I know she is nine but it was seriously the first realization that she wasn't "little" anymore.  She is my "baby" and I am sure that is contributing to my emotional state but really?  I should be able to get through a book on the subject of growing up!

Oh, and Emily is out driving with Ryun right now and Katie is in her last year of middle school.

I need a time machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment