Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Photography

After sending the this link out this morning to practically everyone on my email list, I received many compliments on the pictures, and many comments on what a good "photographer" I am. It's flattering really, and I will say, that I never give myself enough credit for actually being "skilled" in this area.

Admittedly, I tend to spend a lot of time looking for the right angle, the right lighting, and the right "everything" to make the picture come out perfect (just ask my kids who are probably sick of me saying to turn left, look up, look down and Ryun who probably stood for hours this weekend just watching me take pictures). I even seek out opportunities that I know will provide good "picture-taking" moments (like getting up at 5:30 in the morning on vacation just to get pictures of the sun rising over the mountains).

Still, I wonder how anyone could actually take a bad picture when presented with such beautiful opportunities as I have had in the past. I know it happens, and I know there are people who don't take the time that I do, but I am in such awe of the beauty that it is almost beyond my comprehension how someone could not take the time to get the picture, "just right." There is a difference between just going out and snapping a picture, and going out and paying close attention to the detail (the lighting, the camera angle, the timing etc). To each his own of course...I am only trying to point out how intensely I feel about this, how truly passionate I am about it.

Life and nature provide many, many opportunities to capture the beauty of it all, and I don't intend to let a single moment of it pass me by.

No comments:

Post a Comment