Sunday, January 21, 2001

Can you hear the music play?

My sister Suzanne is getting married in October. A few weeks ago, she asked me to make a speech (similar to that a best man would make) at her wedding. I happily agreed and just finished writing a poem which I will recite at her reception. I would love to share it with my readers however, since my sister is one of them and I want it to be a surprise, I will not be able to!
I just bought the latest Garth Brooks cd called, "Scarecrow" a few days ago. I am already hooked. I just love his music. Some of his lyrics have such meaning.
My favorite Garth Brooks song is called, "The River." It was on his release titled,"Ropin' The Wind." It is about following your dream despite the "rough waters" that you may encounter. It is about learning from your past and looking ahead with hope. It is such a positive song, and that is exactly how I feel each time I hear it.
Lately, music in general has taken on a more personal meaning for me. I have been going through a rather trying time in my life and certain music just makes me feel...well, better. Some music is just so beautiful and some has such deep meaning. It is hard not to get lost in it sometimes.
"Trying to learn from what's behind you, and never knowing what's in store, makes each day a constant battle just to stay between the shores." -Garth Brooks, The River

No comments:

Post a Comment