Saturday, April 4, 2015

Well...

...so far the biggest adjustment regarding work has been time management.  Basically, I get up in the morning, get Julia and I ready, drop her off at school, head to work, leave at three, come home cook dinner and go back out to either Girl Scouts, dance or karate, depending on the night.   Sometimes, eating the dinner I have cooked waits until I get back home, which is usually around 8PM.  Even as a working parent myself now, I continue to be in awe of people who do this daily.   It has been a huge adjustment but I am counting this week as a win since I at least managed to make dinner every night, except for our usual Thursday take out dinner.  I am looking forward to the beginning of my regular shift at the end of training which will be 7am-1pm 5 days per week (which includes Saturdays so I will have a day off during the week).  I think it will make for a much less hectic afternoon, which will be nice.  I will need to be in bed earlier than usual as I will be leaving by 6;30 every morning but I can do that.

I am going to love this job from what I have gathered so far.  It's a lot of computer work (navigating multiple systems) combined with customer service over the phone.  I have been very successful with the various programs used.  Whatever doubt I had about being able to work through multiple computer systems has been erased.  I am shocking myself with how comfortable I feel.  There is still more to come...a lot more to learn but I feel good about it all.

Perhaps the best thing so far about this job is just the basic fact of getting out of the house every day, talking to actual people and feeling productive.  I mean it is not like I was sitting around all day doing nothing but, having some place to be just feels good. The feeling productive part has not shown itself at home (just how exactly do people who work and have three busy kids keep their house in some semblance of order)?  I have no idea but I am sure as time progresses, I will figure it out.

All in all, this has been a very positive experience and a huge confidence/morale booster,  It feels good to be successful (again) at something.


No comments:

Post a Comment